[Ep 28] New this week! Facebook launches payments for messenger groups, Pinterest introduces Android shortcuts, Twitter brings a lighter version, Snapchat rolls out search feature for Stories and much more. Make your mark in the digital world around you in just 2 minutes with these bytes. Every Tuesday at 2:22.
Facebook launches Group Payments in Messenger
Apr. 11, 2017 – Sending and receiving money through Facebook messenger isn’t a new thing (Apparently it’s been there since 2015!).
But NOW Facebook has taken it to a next level by introducing the feature to send and receive money between groups.
How to use?
- Tap the plus sign in the bottom left-hand corner of a group conversation and select payments
- Choose who to send or request money from.
- Enter the amount you want to request per person and specify what the money is for.
- Then tap Request. And it’s done
Split your bills and cab fares with ease now 😀
Pinterest Introduces Android Shortcuts
Apr. 03, 2017 – Good news for the Pinterest lovers. It’s super easy to get to the good stuff now.
Long press your Pinterest app to see four handy Pinterest shortcuts:
- Lens—discover ideas inspired by anything you point your camera at.
- Explore—see which ideas are trending today.
- Saved—jump right to that recipe or any other idea you saved.
- Search—type in a search to find ideas on Pinterest.
And, all you folks with iPhone, need to wait a little more for this.
Twitter is Much More ‘Lite’ Now
Apr. 06, 2017 – Twitter rolls out a lighter version of the app called “Twitter Lite”. It can reduce your data usage by up to 70%. 😀
So, all of you who have issues with the 3G and internet connections can still browse Twitter smoothly. Now that’s an incredible move towards making the mobile experience better.
Snapchat Brings Out ‘Search’ for Stories
Mar. 31, 2017 – Snapchat’s ‘Stories’ feature have had quite an impact on this generation and on other social channels as well 😉
And now it has added the ‘Search’ feature to it as well.
- Users will be able to search over one million unique Stories
- Look at popular stories around you
- And even add your point of view (by simply taking a Snap and adding it to Our Story)
Let’s see how much of an impact this makes!
2 Web Design Announces Lunch & Learn
Apr. 6, 2017 – 2 Web Design wants to invite you to discover exactly what makes a great UX and how to deliver it! They are co-hosting this free event with Innovation Place and will be serving lunch! If you’re in the area, please feel free to join us (but please do register so we know how many sammies to make 😉 )
Think you can’t make it? No worries!
Join us on Facebook.com/2webdesign to watch the live stream at 12:00
Until next Tuesday…
Hopefully, we’ll see you at the event tomorrow! And that you use these news bytes to take your digital marketing to the next level! Subscribe to our free monthly newsletter.
What news have you found to be game changing this week? Please feel free to share in the comments below.